If you want to see only the outstanding balances of the gift cards that were actually used in a particular time frame, run the report [1.4.13] “Gift Card Activity.”
Go to [1.4.13] “Gift Card Activity”
- For “Activity From,” type “F20” (F for first day of 2020)
- For “Activity Thru,” type “L20” (L for last day of 2020)
- Press ENTER to accept the default (N) to the restriction Show Only Open Gift Cards.
- Press ENTER to accept the default (N) to the restriction Gratuity Purchases Only.
- Press ENTER to accept the default (N) to the restriction Restrict to G/C Type(s).
- Press ENTER to select [View Qualifying Gift Cards].
The list of Qualifying Gift Cards will include the (Member) Number and Name (if available), Gift Card#, Date Last Recharged, and the Opening and Closing $Amounts (Jan 1 and Dec 31, in this example).
After the list of Qualifying Gift Cards has been created, there are several options available:
- Sales that used this Gift Card
- Recharges of this Gift Card
- Refunds of this Gift Card
- Original Purchase
- Last Recharge
- ALL Transactions
- ONLY Transactions between Dates specified
- Total Purchases (Recharges)
- Total Reductions (Sales minus Returns)
- Net Activity
- Search for a gift card purchaser name or part of a name. By default, [Find] and [Next] only search column 2 (also identified as column B:).
- Press F10 at the “Find:” prompt to do a [2-Step Find], which enables searching for Purchaser Number, Gift Card#, Date Last Recharged, and Opening and Closing $Amounts.
- For examples of the many ways to use Find and Next, at the “Find:” prompt, press F10 and select [View Help].
Sort the list of Qualifying Gift Cards by
- Purchaser Name
- Gift Card#
- Last Sale Date
- Opening and Closing $Amounts
- Send the list (report) to a printer or as PDF file to USB in Server. In addition to the information displayed on the screen, the report will also include who originally sold the Gift Card or if it was a Rebate.
- Email a PDF of the report. Contains same information that would be sent to the USB drive.
- Export the list to a USB drive as Tab-Text (standard “flat”) file or Excel file. This report includes card details not shown on the screen: Creation Date, Initial $Amount, who it was sold by, Recharge $Amount (at Date Last Recharged), Date Last Used, Member/Customer Flag, and Current $Balance.