Here are the basic how-to steps to create a list of Item Costs in a Department, for example, a list of all the Costs for Items in the Produce Department.
Go to option [4.1] “Item Database (with Query)” (previously “Item Enter/Edit/List/Query”)
- [New Query]
- From the Selection Criteria screen, specify which field in the Item database you’d like to Include/Exclude in the Query. In this case, we’re looking for information about Items in a specific Department. Arrow to Department and type “I”. (By default, Inactive is Excluded.)
- Specify what kind of Items to select from the field. In this case, we want only Items from the produce Department. Arrow to Produce and type “Y”.
- [Select Query Source] to query the Item Database.
- To run the query, press Enter to select [Item Database].
- [View Items] to display the Items that matched the criteria and qualified to be in the list.
- You can now look at information about specific Items, who purchased any of the listed Items, and Sort the list. Selecting [Sort] will give you the choice of sorting one of the five columns (fields) on the screen: Item Code, Description, Brand, Dept and SRP.
- But we’re looking for produce Item Costs. Select [Rt Col] to get a list of the fields available, and select “Cost.”
- Pressing Enter will give you the option to sort by that field. Press [No]. There is no need to sort, as the list we needed, Produce Item Costs has been created.
- Now the right column (Rt Col) on the screen lists the information for the field selected in step 11. In this example, the right column now lists Costs.